iPOWER (Self-Empowering) Foundation Programme
Our iPOWER Foundation Programme is a compulsory, entry level foundation programme and focuses on teaching participants basic life skills, personal health, cleaning, laundry and cooking skills over 15 days. When funding is available, entrepreneurial and basic computer skills are added to this programme. By equipping students with those additional skills, we increase the employability of our beneficiaries and their ability to start their own small businesses should they wish to do so. Learners can either opt to exit training after completing this programme or choose to proceed to one of three Advanced Programmes offered by us.
This programme serves to:
- orientate our students to a learning environment.
- enrich our students through personal life skills development.
- provide basic generic and workplace competencies needed in any workplace situation, be it as a home-based carer, a hospital assistant, an old age home assistant, a child carer or minder, a waiter/bartender or a kitchen assistant.
Our Programme consist of the following modules:
- Self-development (2 days)
- Communication and Conflict Management
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Money Management
- Cleaning Skills (2 days)
- Laundry Skills (2 days)
- Relationship Management
- Kitchen Skills (5 days)
- Personal Wellbeing
We offer welfare support and mentorship to our students throughout out programmes and during early employment. So don’t despair if you’re struggling with certain challenges, we are here to help you overcome all those obstacles in your way.